Okay there are a ton of pictures so I won't be going through each one... After Addison's birthday we went up to Idaho to visit family. We got lots of pictures with the T. side not so much with the W. side. Tyler took pictures of Paul and Kellie's family, Joe and ours. Nathan and Emily didn't have Tim until Christmas eve so we missed their family. We had a great time doing crafts that Grandma had prepared, going bowling, having Santa come, acting out the Nativity, and just being together. All of Paul's kids loved holding Emma. We came home on the 23rd to get ready for Christmas. Tyler's parents and sister came for Christmas. We went to Hilary's for Christmas Eve and had yummy pizza and acted out the Nativity again. It was very chaotic both times we did it but also fun! Christmas morning it was so fun to have Tyler's parents here. Hopefully they enjoyed it too. Then Hilary's family came for Christmas dinner around 3. After dinner the Dads and Grandpa took the older kids sledding while the ladies relaxed with the babies... :) It was a very nice Christmas. That was only the second time I've made a Christmas dinner although Hilary did the hard work of making cheesy potatoes and a salad. I just did the rolls and ham in the crockpot which is amazing!!! So easy and tasty.
Kellie holding EmmaFoooooooood! I always eat to much at my parents...
bowling
Thoughtful Joe...
Santa... He made Mom cry. He asked her what she wanted for Christmas and of course this was it! Everyone together (minus Tim we missed him:(
Joe holding Emma
Joe noticed that Emma's veins on one of her eyes forms a heart! I have looked at her for longer then him yet he is the one that notices!
Kaylee fell asleep eating dinner. Emily was so sweet to hold her so Tyler and I could eat.
Being silly...
Nate holding Emma... Emily still holding Kaylee
Cousins with the favorite Uncle! (He's single... let's face it the single aunts and uncles always rule...)
Stockings from G and G
Isaac holding emma
Grandma and Ian
Kellie holding Emma
Cousins! Addison and Mercedes
Clark being silly!
Grandma holding Emma
Dad gave me an awesome back massage... I think he bruised my shoulder... It probably needed it :)
McKennzie
Isaac
Mercedes
Ian
All together
Addison
Clark
Joe
Kaylee
All together
Connor with Santa
Trying to act out the nativity.. Addison was Joseph, Mercedes was Mary, Isaac was baby Jesus, Connor was an animal.. donkey or camel I think... Ian was a wiseman I think, I can't remember, McKennzie was an angel. Clark and Kaylee watched... Grandpa was the narator. Oh Tyler was Harod.
Opening gifts from G and G
Hilary's house and nativity
Clark was Joseph, Addison Mary, Tyler was a donkey, the a shepherd then a wiseman...
hanging out
G, Kevin and Tyler as shepherds. Hallie and Amy as angels
Now the men are wise men
G reading the story of the 3 bad little boys... they scare santa away because they don't go to sleep on Christmas eve. The story is a W tradition. I think Great Grandma would read it to Grandpa...
Christmas morning waiting to go out!
Emma the youngest got to go out first...
See me with one of my new Christmas presents on! Minky pjs... Tyler saw them and that they matched the girls pjs and got them for me. He had me open them on Christmas Eve. We enjoyed being with family. I loved watching the children's faces light up. Kaylee was so excited about every present even if they weren't hers. She couldn't get enough of it. Addison got a hamster and couldn't leave the poor thing alone all day. Clark got a scooter which when he opened it said. "that's not what I wanted" well.... it's made more circles around our house then I can count! He absolutely loves it! Not to mention dolls and octonauts, minnie mouse things etc. that have all been a hit too!
I hope that over the years our kids will feel the true meaning of Christmas. It didn't come wrapped up. He came as a little baby in the most humble circumstance. He came because we each make mistakes and we can not make it back to our Father in Heaven without Him. He saved us from our sins if we will but turn unto Him and seek for forgiveness. He came as a baby, but is our King. He came in humble circumstance but now reigns over all with the Father.I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have. I pray my children will know. The reason we celebrate Christmas. God gave His son to us. Christ is the greatest gift. Santa comes as a symbol of giving and love but he is not the reason we celebrate.
1 comment:
Lovely!
Finally getting a minute to enjoy your post. Such fun memories. :)
Post a Comment