So I have been a little bit excited about having another girl and trying out my newfound love of sewing. I sewed this panel onto minkee for the backing. I decided not to do batting because I want her to be able to drag it around and snuggle it easier. (Both my other kids have a love for soft blankets of course so do I!) I had fun "quilting" using the sewing machine. I don't have any formal training so I winged it, but am pretty pleased with how it turned out. I also tried my hand at doing aplique on the carseat canopy I made the other day. The little bird at the bottom doesn't stand out quite as much as I would have liked but still for my first real try I was pleasantly pleased.
This tag blanket was the first thing I made for our little girl on Valentine's day while Tyler and I watched "Back to the future" I sewed and he drew. (We are so romantic....) I wanted to try working with the minkee backing before trying a full size blanket. It wasn't too bad thus being willing to try the blanket. :)
I also made these easy peasy skirts out of some jersey fabric that my Grandma had. I inherited by choice all my Grandma's fabric since she no longer sews. I am loving it! These projects have been completed over the course of several weeks not just in the last few days just to clarify! I am busy with my kids plus 3 extra that I babysit for part-time. Life is good. I just wanted to share what I have been up to and keep record for posterity and such. As long as no one looks too close at my projects they will do just fine! :)




2 comments:
They are beautiful! You do good work! Love, Mom W
Lydia. You are so talented. All your projects look great!
~Stef
Post a Comment