Sunday, August 12, 2012

Summer Fun



It has been a fun summer so far and feels like it is starting to wind down a bit.  Family has come to visit from both sides and we have truly enjoyed them!  In fact we still have visits from both sides planned this month too.  I have missed a lot of the summer blogging so there will be some main parts missed like the 4th and Pioneer day celebrations bu twe did enjoy both with friends.

There are some pictures of us playing at Lagoon.  We had a blast there soaking up some sun.  Addison and Clark both enjoyed almost all the rides they went on.  Addison's favorite she says was the skyrise; however, she made Dad and Grandpa go with her twice on the Whirl-a-Twirl.  :)  Grandpa did fine the first time... the second was a little touch and go.  We also went to the Recreation center close and went swimming.  Clark is a fish!  He wanted to take off by himself with his water wings.  Addison loved it but was way more cautious. We also went to Hill Air Force base.  I love looking at the b-42 Bombers because they remind me of my Grandpa who worked as a mechanic on them in WWII.

We also celebrated Tyler's 27th birthday!  We were glad to have some family here to celebrate it.  It seems to always make things more special with friends and family.

The last few pictures are of Addison and Clark painting.  I had the idea to just let them paint outside on big sheets of paper.  They loved it!  Granted there is still paint on the driveway but hey they loved it and I just put them in the bath right when they were done.  Tyler suggested later that I should have had them run through the sprinklers... Good thought!  I will do that next time.  :)

I have also been trying my hand at sewing the past few months.  This is the snow white dress I made for Addison.  It's a little big and was suppose to be for Christmas, but oh well.  I wanted to see how my pattern did since I free handed it.  I sized it down a bit for my next few projects that won't be seen until a later date in time!

It's been a fulfilling summer.  We have tried to make some progress on our poor yard and I think it has improved a little at least as well as a few house projects. Hope your summer has been full of fun and excitement too!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

So much fun! I'm loving the painting, Tyler's party pics, and the Snow White dress! Good job. :)
Love you lots!
Mom W.