Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fall Fun Part 1 -- Black Island Farm


So this year we have been having a lot of fun with Fall. I put part one because we seem to do a lot during the Fall and since the kids are awake right now I don't know how much I will get posted. This year we got free tickets to go to The Black Island Farm. Addison had a blast on all the huge slides made out of hay bales and slick plastic. I think she spent about an hour total climbing and sliding. Kevin, Hallie and Mom Whitworth came with us as well. It was a lot of fun. The Farm had animals that the kids could feed and sort of pet (if the animals came close enough), a barrel train to ride in behind a tracker. We ran out of time the night we went so the following saturday we went back and took a "hay ride" aka uncomfortable bench seats on a trailer pulled behind a tracker to get our pumpkins from the pumpkin patch. Addison picked a super skinny tall pumpkin and was convinced that was the one she wanted so that's what she got. Tyler did a great job carving it which you will see in later pictures... We had a blast! I think we may even pay to go next year... There were way more things to do then I even listed and we didn't get to spend time at everything that I would have liked to do.

2 comments:

Gurr Family said...

How fun! Where is this black island farm?

Lydia said...

It is Syracue about 30 minutes from where we live.